I had a great time running a course on ‘Teaching A Level Music Technology for the First Time’ via Zoom on Monday. The programme was below. Please do get in touch for any bespoke training I might be able to help with, either online or in person.
This NEW course is designed to support new music technology teachers and experienced music teachers in delivering high quality teaching and learning for Pearson/Edexcel A Level Music Technology. Led by our highly respected presenter and experienced examiner, James Reevell, the programme will take delegates through the most important aspects of each assessment component including the demands of the Non-Examined Assessment (NEA) and written examinations, with a particular focus on strategies for exam success.
The course aims to develop strategies for successful planning and preparation to ensure strong outcomes for students, what examiners are looking for in assessing each component based on feedback from previous exam series, along with chance to consider and discuss the logistics and day-to-day running of the course. The day is designed to balance breadth with depth, ensuring take home strategies and resources to support you.
BENEFITS OF ATTENDING
- Find out about the standard and depth of knowledge and skills students need for exam success in A Level Music Technology
- Listen to strong student work and find out what examiners need to see and hear when assessing recordings and compositions.
- Be assured of knowing the exam standard and level of what counts as outstanding work in each component
- Explore how to integrate non-examined assessment work and theory to ensure students develop their skills in application and evaluation for exam success
- Focus on extended response questions and what the examiner is looking for to award top marks