James is running a course with JMC INSET on 1st and 3rd July 2020. It will be delivered online, details are below:
- James is presenting via webcam, accompanied by slides and activities
- Opportunities for delegate questions and comments
- A short task between the two sessions
- A copy of the slides will be made available after the course, along with further materials
This is a one day course split over Wednesday 1st and Friday 3rd July, sessions will be 3pm to 5.30pm on both days. It will consider the following key questions:
- How can we adapt our teaching to address the skills and content in the new 2017 Music Technology A Level specification
- What are the new demands on students?
- How do we develop our students’ skills in comparison and evaluation?
- Are your students able to demonstrate their AO4 higher level thinking skills to address the extended response questions on Components 3 and 4?
- How can you design your scheme of work to develop students’ holistic and synoptic skills in the subject?
This course is designed for teachers of Music Technology who are looking to get to grips with the new A Level specification, consider how to most effectively prepare their students for the exams whilst also topping up their own subject knowledge. It will explore new teaching approaches to develop students’ AO4 skills, technical numeracy and to achieve highly on their non examined assessment work. It will also consider the challenges and opportunities associated with the linear exams and how best to handle the content.
For more details and to book, please visit http://networkforlearning.org.uk/courses/2020-07-01/music-a-level-01-july-2020